Each decal has 3 layers:
1. The top layer is the transfer tape.
2. The middle layer is the vinyl decal.
3. The bottom layer is the backing paper.
Quick vinyl decal application tips:
– Do not touch the adhesive backing, oils from your skin will prevent sticking.
– Do not use alcohol to apply, it will destroy the adhesive.
If applying to a car
– Do not apply in cold weather, adhesive may stick but will lift easily.
– Do not apply in extreme heat, apply in the shade, vinyl will get very soft and stretch in extreme heat.
– Do not use an ice scraper on the decal, it may lift or break pieces off.
– Do not point high pressure car wash nozzle at the edges of the decal for a long time, may lift or break pieces. Car washes are safe.
– Before application make sure there is no wax or Rain-X products on the surface, adhesive may stick but will lift easily.
Surface temperatures must be between 10 and 33 degrees Celsius before attempting the installation. As a general rule, if the surface is hot to the touch it’s over 33 degrees Celsius. Adhesive becomes brittle when it gets too cold and gummy when it gets too hot. Applications outside the recommended range of 10 and 33 degrees Celsius reduce the adhesives’ ability to perform.
– Paper towels (the cheap white kind works best)
– Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) (DO not use ammonia based cleaner such as Windex)
– A squeegee or 2 credit cards back to back
– 1 Clean sock (to wrap around squeegee / cards)
Step 1) Clean the surface where you will apply the decal with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball. Allow it to dry.
Step 2) Beginning in a corner, peel the backing paper off of the transfer tape. If the vinyl is not sticking to the transfer tape, place the backing paper back over the transfer tape and rub firmly with the credit card or squeegee so the vinyl adheres to the transfer tape.
Step 3) Place one side of the transfer tape onto the surface, and press it down with the vinyl applicator.
Step 4) Continue applying the decal in a rolling motion using the vinyl applicator to press it down as you go.
Step 5) Once the decal is placed, use the vinyl applicator and rub it firmly from the center point to the edges in all directions to remove air bubbles.
Step 6) Beginning in a corner, slowly peel away the transfer tape at a 45 degree angle. Enjoy your decal!