Chain Valley Gifts Privacy Notice
Updated January 17 2023
Thank you for your interest in Chain Valley Gifts! This Privacy Notice explains how information about you, that directly identifies you, or that makes you identifiable (“personal information”) is collected, used, disclosed, and otherwise processed by Chain Valley Gifts in connection with our services.
When we use the terms “Chain Valley Gifts”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this Privacy Notice, we are referring to Chain Valley Gifts, Pty. Ltd. and its affiliates. When we use the term “Service,” we are referring to all of the services and product offerings that we offer as a controller, our website https://www.Chain Valley Gifts.com.au or any other Chain Valley Gifts Group product or service that posts or links to this Privacy Notice.
Chain Valley Gifts as a Data Controller: For purposes of data protection laws, Chain Valley Gifts is the “data controller” (or similar term under applicable laws) and is generally responsible for and controls the processing of your personal information collected through your use of our Service. This Privacy Notice applies only to instances where Chain Valley Gifts acts as a data controller.
Table of Contents
- How We Collect Your Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information
- Online Advertising
- Control Over Your Information
- Privacy Rights
- Third Party Websites and Services
- Changes to Privacy Notice
- Contact Us
- Additional Disclosures for Australia Residents
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you interact with us, we are collecting personal information about you. Sometimes we collect personal information automatically when you interact with our Services and sometimes we collect the personal information directly from you. At times, we may collect personal information about you from third parties.
Personal Information You Provide
We may collect the following personal information you provide in connection with our Service:
- Account Creation and Profile Information for a Chain Valley Gifts Account. We may collect personal information that you provide when you register for an account or make a purchase. This information includes your email and password, phone number and address.
- Payment and Transaction Information. If you make a purchase from our website, we collect the information provided in connection with such payment. Please note that we use third party payment processors to process payments made to us. As such, all such information is provided directly by you to our third-party processor. The payment processor’s use of your personal information is governed by their privacy notice. We will only receive the last 4 digits of the credit card number along with transaction-related information (i.e., payment date, amount, device type, IP address and card type).
- Communications. When you contact us through any method of communications, including through one of our website “Contact Us”, “Chat” or “Support” functions, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, type of inquiry, or any other personal information you choose to provide to us, which products interest you.
- Newsletter, Marketing Emails, and Blog. If you sign up to receive news or alerts from us, or subscribe to our blog, we may collect your email and applicable interests and communication preferences.
- Events, Surveys, Feedback and Promotions (including Contests, Sweepstakes, Webinars, and Training Sessions). If you fill out any forms or otherwise provide your information to us in connection with Chain Valley Gifts events, surveys, or other promotional events (including contests, sweepstakes and giveaways), as well as when you provide feedback to us, we may collect your contact information (such as your name, email, and phone number) and any other information you provide to us.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most digital platforms, we and our third-party providers and partners collect certain personal information automatically when you visit, interact with, or use our Service:
- Log Data: Including your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser details such as type, ID, and configuration, unique identifiers, device type and version, the referring URL, date/time of your visit, the time you spent on our services and any errors that may occur during your visit to our Services.
- Analytics Data: Including the electronic path you take to our services, through our services and when exiting our services, UTM source, as well as your usage and activity on our services, such as the time zone, activity information (first and last active date and time), usage history emails opened, total log-ins) as well as the pages, links, objects, products and benefits you view, click or otherwise interact with.
- Location Data: Including your general geographic location based on the IP address we collect.
We and our third-party providers may use (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on an individual’s computer and (ii) other, related technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to automatically collect this personal information.
Personal Information from Other Sources and Third Parties
We may also obtain personal information from third parties, which we may combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from an individual.
We may receive personal information from the following third parties:
- Social Media: When an individual interacts with us through various social media networks, such as when someone “Likes” us on Facebook or follows us or shares our content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social networks through, for example, the social media buttons embedded into our website, we may receive some information about individuals that they permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon an individual’s privacy settings with the social network. Individuals should always review and, if necessary, adjust their privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services.
- Service Providers: Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as chat services, payout processing, and marketing providers, collect personal information and often share some or all of this information with us.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- Fulfil our contractual obligations, to deliver the products you have requested.
- Communicate with individuals, including via email, text message, social media and/or telephone
- Review our business performance;
- Market and Sales of our Services to individuals, including through email, direct mail, phone, video call, text message, or through other forms of communications platforms (i.e., WhatsApp);
- Send gifts to you;
- Administer, improve and personalize our Services, including by recognizing an individual and remembering their information when they return to our Services and analysing our client-base;
- Process payment for our Services;
- Conduct market research;
- Opportunity tracking, conversion and lead generation;
- Test, enhance, update and monitor the Services, or diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our property and Services, technology assets and business;
- Enforce our Terms of Service, resolve disputes, carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity;
- Process and deliver contest and sweepstakes entry and awards; and
- Comply with legal obligations.
- HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also share, transmit, disclose, grant access to, make available, and provide personal information with and to third parties, as described below.
- Service Providers: We share personal information with third party contractors and service providers, that are subject to reasonable confidentiality terms, and which may include processing payments, providing web hosting and maintenance services, technology support providers, email and messaging communications providers, analytics providers, data storage providers, and web and video hosting providers and developers. Any such service providers will be subject to confidentiality provisions, and be bound to only process the data on our behalf and under our instructions, unless such service providers act as their own controllers (e.g., in the case we seek advice from lawyers and tax consultants).
- Chain Valley Gifts Group: We may share with other companies and brands owned or controlled by Chain Valley Gifts Group, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Chain Valley Gifts Group. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Privacy Notice.
- Business and Marketing Partners: We may also disclose personal information with other business and marketing partners with whom we jointly offer products or services, co-market or host events, or who are part of our partner ecosystem. We may obtain your consent where required by applicable law. Our business and marketing partners will use your information in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Advertising Partners: We may share certain personal information (including information collected through cookies) with our advertising service providers and vendors in order to advertise our Services to you. For more information on how we collect and share this information, please see the Online Advertising section of this Privacy Notice.
- Corporate Transaction: We may transfer any information we collect in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including any shares in the company) or any portion or combination of our products, services, businesses and/or assets. Should such a transaction occur (whether a divestiture, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, liquidation, change of control or similar transaction or proceeding), we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that any transferred information is treated in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement agencies, regulators, other authorities and other third parties for legal reasons if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights, personal safety and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose personal information about an individual to certain other third parties or publicly with their consent or direction. For example, with an individual’s consent or direction we may post their testimonial on our website or service-related publications.
- ONLINE ADVERTISING
We may share (or we may permit these parties to collect) personal information with online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third-party services, including information about your use of our Service over time, so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on other websites or apps, or on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including hashed data, clickstream information, browser type, time and date you visited the website and other information. This information is used to display targeted ads on other websites, apps, or services. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. We may also display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google, and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them.
- CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
- Email Communications. From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our Services, products or services, notices about our organization, or information about products/services we offer that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of the email communication. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain services-related communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
- Messaging Platforms. We may use personal information we collect to communicate with individuals via messaging platforms (such as WhatsApp), including to market to you or offer you information and updates on products or services we think you may be interested in. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time by replying STOP in one of our messages.
- SMS Text Messaging. We may use personal information we collect to communicate with individuals via text message, including (with your consent) to market to you or offer you information and updates on products or services we think you may be interested in. You can unsubscribe from marketing text messages at any time by replying STOP or clicking the unsubscribe link (where available) in one of our messages. For more information, please see our Terms of Service.
- Modifying Account Information. If you have a Chain Valley Gifts account with us, you have the ability to modify certain information in your account (e.g., your contact information and profile picture) through the “Account” section in your Chain Valley Gifts account. Not all personal information is maintained in a format that you can access or change. If you would like to request access to, or correction or deletion of personal information, you may send your request to us by messaging support in the support portal through your Chain Valley Gifts account. We will review your request and may require you to provide additional information to identify yourself, but we do not promise that we will be able to satisfy your request.
- PRIVACY RIGHTS
In accordance with applicable privacy law and the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may be able to exercise some or all of the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
- Right of access and portability. You may have the right to obtain access to the personal information we have collected about you and, where required by law, the right to obtain a copy of the personal information.
- Right to correction. You may have the right to require us to correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
- Right to deletion. You may have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to opt-out. You may have the right to opt-out of certain processing activities. For example, you may have the right to opt-out of the use of your personal information for targeted advertising purposes, or the “sale” of your personal information to third parties in certain contexts. You may also have the right to direct us not to use automated decision-making or profiling for certain purposes.
- Right to exercise control over sensitive personal information. You may have the right to exercise control over our collection and processing of certain sensitive personal information.
- Right to non-retaliation. You may have the right to be free from retaliatory or discriminatory treatment for exercising any of the rights described above.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your right to opt-out. However, we may ask you to provide additional personal information so that we can properly identify you to track compliance with your opt-out request. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request. If you choose not to provide this information, we may only be able to process your request to the extent we are able to identify you in our data systems. We may not process your request if we, in good faith, believe that the request is fraudulent. In such instances, we will send a notice to the requestor explaining our decision.
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16. If an individual is under the age of 16, they should not use our Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that personal information.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Services may contain integrations or links to third party websites or services, including those of our business partners. By interacting with these third parties, you are providing information directly to the third party and not Chain Valley Gifts. Please note that Chain Valley Gifts is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties or any entity that it does not own or control. We encourage you to review the privacy notices and online terms of those third parties to learn more about how they handle your personal information.
- CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice from time to time in our sole discretion. We will notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal information by adequately informing you via your account, by placing a prominent notice on our website, or through other appropriate communication channels. It is your responsibility to review this Privacy Notice periodically. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to admin@Chain Valley Gifts.com.au.
- REGION-SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES
This Privacy Notice is designed to apply to our website visitors, users of our Service, and other companies and users on a global basis. Please refer below for additional disclosures that may be applicable to you:
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR AUSTRALIA RESIDENTS
These additional disclosures for Australian residents (“Australian Disclosures”) supplement the information contained in our Privacy Notice and applies solely to individuals in Australia (“you”).
These Australian Disclosures provide additional information about how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal information of individuals in Australia, either online or offline, within the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) found in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all terms in these Australian Disclosures have the same meaning as defined in our Privacy Notice or as otherwise defined in the Privacy Act.
When we use the term “personal information” in this Australian Disclosures notice, we mean information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion:
- is true or not; and
- is recorded in a material form or not.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The various ways in which your personal information is collected are described in section 1 of our Privacy Notice, we may also collect your personal information if we record any phone calls or video calls (with your permission) between you and Chain Valley Gifts.
- OVERSEAS TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be transferred to and stored in locations outside Australia where we and our third-party service providers have operations, including in the United States, where Chain Valley Gifts, Inc. is located and the United Kingdom.
In the event of a transfer by Chain Valley Gifts to a location outside Australia, we ensure that: (i) personal information is transferred to countries recognised as having an equivalent level of privacy protection to Australia; or (ii) the transfer is made pursuant to appropriate safeguards, such as contractual obligations.
- STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect will be stored by our cloud hosting provider on secure servers.
We will never send you unsolicited emails or contact you by phone requesting credit or debit card information.
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have various rights under the APPs.
Right to access and request
You have the right to request access to and/or the correction of your personal information held by Chain Valley Gifts. You can exercise these rights by contacting our Privacy Officer at admin@Chain Valley Gifts.com.au
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time. If your request is refused, you will be provided with written reasons for the refusal and information about the mechanisms you can use to complain about the refusal.
Right to complain
You also have a right to make a privacy complaint to our Privacy Officer at admin@Chain Valley Gifts.com.au
Our Privacy Officer will first consider your complaint to determine whether there are simple or immediate steps which can be taken to resolve the complaint. Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to complete the investigation into your complaint promptly. You may be asked to provide further information about your complaint and the outcome you are seeking. Our Privacy Officer will then typically gather relevant facts, locate and review relevant documents, and speak with individuals involved.
In most cases, our Privacy Officer will investigate and provide a written response to your complaint within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex or the investigation may take longer, our Privacy Officer will let you know.
If you are not satisfied with Chain Valley Gifts’ response to your complaint, a complaint may be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”). The OAIC can be contacted by telephone on 1300 363 992 or by using the contact details on the website www.oaic.gov.au.
© 2023 Chain Valley Gifts. All rights reserved.